Friday, June 29, 2007

Temptation!!

Uh-oh, the wrestling match has begun...the iPhone comes out today, and I am trying to talk myself out of buying it, which should be easy because I don't need it (for anything other than making today ridiculously cool). I repeat, I do not need the iPhone. Not one little bit. Seriously. Ignore my eye twitching.

Up until today, I was doing great in the restraint department. However, there have been problems.

1) I got paid today.
There's enough money in the bank. I've been really good with my savings lately. Normally a great thing, unless you're trying to talk yourself out of a splurge purchase (of what just happens to be the sweetest gadget on the planet right now).

2) Brian, who is already camping out in front of the ATT & T store just offered me a spot in line via text message.
LOSER! I am trying to be responsible here and Brian, my pastor, my spiritual leader, (who I thought cared about my spiritual development) offers me the chance to do the thing I've been fighting to talk myself out of. Why, man? Why?

3) Stephanie said that if I wanted it, I should get it.
Why would she do that to me?? Doesn't she know that we're saving up for our wedding and that I am trying to exercise financial restraint?! Why would she facilitate my foolishness like that?

Huh.

Seriously, though, I know it's all my choice and whatever decision I make (and, by extension, any consequences) will be mine alone, but still...

...crud.

2 comments:

Carrie Ann said...

Why was he camping out in front of AT&T? I thought it was being released at the Apple Store. Just say no, Mo! I know it's pretty and fancy but be strong! I too would love to have the pretty little iPhone but be strong with me!!!!!! Just say no! *drools as she is looking at a picture of one*

Anonymous said...

Mo,

You the man.. Got iphone? your bro Brian is enjoying the iphone if you got to get one ... Once you get one maybe Pastor Troy with follow..