Saturday, December 23, 2006

HD Capture

Ah, the times, they are a-changin'.

For starters, I have half a day to myself, which for the past few months has been virtually unheard of. I'm actually having a very tough time disciplining myself to just be and enjoy a single afternoon of free time, which I guess speaks volumes about my proclivity towards workaholism.

Also, Thursday I checked my grades for the semester, and to my absolute delight, I passed everything with all A's and a B+ in orchestration. And I managed to do it without yanking out any of my hair or kicking any small animals in frustration.

So, that's the quick n' messy update for what's been going on in my life these days. Now that things have calmed down a bit, I'm sure I'll be posting more words and posting them more frequently. For now, though, I really really want to talk about how Kyle and I spent last Saturday night.

Kyle and I have been spending the past few Saturday nights staying up all hours cutting together and rendering the High Definition signal for our other campuses, which, on a good night, can take up to 4 hours.
Basically, it means combining the stream from our standard def cameras (which is the same thing you see on the side screens when you visit FRC's main campus) with the stream from the single HD camera we've got locked down in order to give the front-view impression of a live teaching service when you watch it at one of our other campuses.

All this means that we have lots of free time while the footage is rendering, and last Saturday we discovered the wonders of this nifty little program called Photo Booth on one of the MacBooks they keep up in the production room. Hilarity ensued.

No comments: