Saturday, March 01, 2008

I HEART my job...


I was supposed to post this last week after we finished putting this video together, but I got a little sidetracked (Steph and I are getting married in less than three months. Cut me a little slack), so to make up for it, I'll post two videos for the price of one:



So...this is what I and the the team get to do for a living (unless you're talking about our volunteers, in which case they are way more hard core than us paid sissies, because they actually make a living doing something else, but come in at all hours anyway).

In case you're interested, here are some facts about said videos:
-This is all Photoshop CS3 and Apple Motion
-We pre-composed pretty much everything; nearly everywhere you see a blank screen, even for a frame, it marks where we pre-exported our stuff and reimported it into another project file (even with 12 gigs of RAM in my tower, the lighting effects alone in that second trailer would have crashed the computer pretty quickly.
-Both of them took about three-and-a-half days to pull off, although that mainly included some really late nights (It's 3:30 AM on a Saturday morning and I'm writing this as my final render is exporting)

All that being said, it's still the best job I've ever had (although being a clown assistant ranks a close second.)

....Okay, my render is done. It's time for me to go home and not wake up until after the sun comes up.

Peace!

No comments: