Sunday, October 15, 2006

I love this song

Tonight I got to check out Fellowship Church's Miami campus, and I was pretty impressed and encouraged at the thought that they were doing that kind of ministry down here. It also got me stoked, because video-wise, Brian and I could most definitely produce at the level these guys are kicking out. It's exciting because it tells me that what I'm learning is the real deal, that this an area that God's given us the ability to excell in for some reason. We just need to find more guys to do it with us (any volunteers?).

While I was there, I also discovered my new favorite song. This one is making it into my wedding. The lyrics alone don't do it justice, but I'll post them anyway. The song is Chasing Cars, by Snow Patrol.
The topic of the evening was sex, specifically, how our culture, by and large, has taken such a beautiful concept and cheapened it to the point where it's little more than a scratch for an itch. Ed talked about how God's plan takes sex and makes is sacred again, makes it beautiful, and makes it worth waiting for. I mention it because the band performed the song over a video that featured pictures of married couples, starting with newlyweds, and moving on up to older couples married for over 40 years. To be honest, I found myself getting a little misty as the song went on, because the lyrics so perfectly expressed the hope that is in my heart when I'm around Stephanie.

To be in a courtship where purity is treasured out of deep love and not dead legalism is a blessing I can't even begin to describe, and one day I'll put down a proper post describing all the beautiful things I'm learning from waiting with Steph. For now, though, enjoy the lyrics.

We'll do it all / Everything / On our own
We don't need / Anything / Or anyone
If I lay here / If I just lay here / Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
I don't quite know / How to say / How I feel
Those three words / Are said too much / They're not enough
If I lay here / If I just lay here / Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we're told / Before we get too old / Show me a garden that's bursting into life
Let's waste time / Chasing cars / Around our heads
I need your grace / To remind me / To find my own
If I lay here / If I just lay here / Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we're told / Before we get too old / Show me a garden that's bursting into life
All that I am / All that I ever was / Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see
I don't know where / Confused about how as well / Just know that these things will never change for us at all
If I lay here / If I just lay here / Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

No comments: