Tuesday, January 23, 2007

At the show


UPDATE: I have been recently informed that we're only in the tentative stages of finding a date, therefore August of 2008 may not in fact be our wedding date. It might be as early as next January. It's a good thing I pay attention when my fiancé speaks.

Tonight I got to experience my very first bridal show! Hooray!
Actually, it wasn't as bad as all that. I know the stereotype is of the girls with stars in her eyes planning her dream wedding while the guy stands somewhere nearby with a big headache, but honestly, I had a pretty decent time. There was free food and tasting of wedding cakes, which will brighten any long trip through a building full of people trying to sell you stuff. We both took our moms along for backup (you know how we roll), and I'm pretty sure they had more fun than we did (the phrase of the night was "ooo, you guys should definitely have that in your wedding. And pay for it yourselves.")
I think my favorite part of all, though, was that Steph and I have decided on a wedding date! Yes indeed, we have made a decision and we're stickin' to that junk. And it's so easy to remember that even I can't forget it, and that's saying something:
August 8, 2008. 080808. Isn't that great? It's so us(and I honestly didn't mean for that to rhyme. In fact, I kind of want to go back and rewrite all that, but then this sentence wouldn't make sense, so I'm just going to sigh and forge ahead...). 777 it ain't, but it sure beats September 9 of 2009.

Anyway, that's the news for now. I'm sleepy and off to bed. By the way, if you happen to come across the album Ray sings, Basie swings in Starbucks or on emusic or something, you should pick it up. It will rock your socks off.

1 comment:

Carrie Ann said...

I have a friend getting married 07/07/07 and a friend getting married in Jan. 08 as well. Have fun picking out stuff. I'm glad you like. I'm just a bridesmaid and I'm already sick of picking out stuff for my friend's wedding (the Jan. 08 one)